Armoza Formats is delighted to be working in partnership with Realscreen to present the next edition of FORMAGINATION, taking place in June during Realscreen West 2019.
FORMAGINATION is Armoza's unique format competition and an international launching pad for international creativity. Whether you are a professional content creator working in the media industry or an individual from any walk of life with a great idea for a TV show - the competition is open for ANYONE with a format idea!
Three prizes will be awarded at the live presentation of FORMAGINATION at Realscreen West, as follows:
- 1st place winner: up to $25,000 US, which shall be awarded in TWO STAGES ($5,000 for further development of the format, and up to US$20,000 to shoot a pilot if approved for production), as well as one (1) registration to REALSCREEN SUMMIT 2020, which takes place January 27-30, 2020 in New Orleans.
- 2nd place winner: an ENTERTAINMENT MASTER CLASS module scholarship and one (1) registration to REALSCREEN SUMMIT 2020.
- Audience favorite: one (1) registration to REALSCREEN SUMMIT 2020.
The prizing above does not include travel and lodging expenses. Full prize details can be downloaded and reviewed within the competition rules and regulations.
The formats eligible for the competition should include the following criteria:
- Genre: Non-Scripted Format (no scripted formats or children's programming will be accepted, cross-genre elements are possible)
- ‘Game-changing’ Concepts – fresh and creative ideas that create a buzz and stand out, no matter the genre or the type of show it is.
- Unique Format Elements – what are the distinct elements that make up the DNA of your concept? Make sure to highlight what sets it apart from other formats - whether it’s the studio, mechanics, set, gameplay or visual elements.
- Repeatability and adaptability – a truly successful format can sustain multiple seasons across different countries.
In addition to the entry form applicants are required to submit a pitch presentation deck (a Word doc, a PowerPoint file or a PDF) that presents the format, as well as a signed Development and Distribution Agreement, that will come into effect only if selected as a finalist. Applicants may also supplement their submission with a two-minute video of themselves pitching the concept.
For more entry details, including important guidelines for your entry, download and review the competition rules and regulations. The deadline for entries is Monday April 8, 2019 at 5:00pm ET.
Semi-finalists will be shortlisted and invited to a Skype call with Armoza Formats to present their format between Tuesday April 23 and Thursday April 25, 2019. From this process, finalists will be selected to have their format workshopped with the Armoza Formats development team in the weeks leading up to Realscreen West, culminating in the live presentation of their concept at Realscreen West during a special session on Wednesday June 5, 2019. Finalists invited to present at Realscreen West will be provided one (1) complimentary registration to the event to help facilitate their participation.